Workshop Purpose: To establish strategic priorities for the 2022 – 2026 Term of Council and explore Urban Community Hubs.
Note: This is an in-person only event, with no livestreaming or recording available.
9:00 a.m. Light Continental Breakfast
9:30 a.m. Welcome and Introductory Remarks
Marlon Kallideen, Chief Administrative Officer
9:35 a.m. Council Strategic Priority Setting – Workshop #2
(facilitated session with interactive participation)
- Introduction - Vince Rodo, Director, Organizational Performance, Office of the CAO
12:30 p.m. Session Wrap-up and Lunch Break
1:00 p.m. Urban Community Hubs
- Introduction - Steve Ganesh, Commissioner, Planning, Building and Growth Management, and Bill Boyes, Commissioner, Community Services
- Status Update - Hanu Dilip, Urban Designer, Planning Building & Growth Management
- Canoe Landing - Howie Dayton, Director Community Recreation, City of Toronto
- Riocan - Samantha Bajc, Manager, Development, RioCan REIT
- Morguard - Christine Cote, Vice President, Development, Morguard Corporation
- Brampton Library - Todd Kyle, Chief Executive Officer, and John Simone, Director, Business Management & Operations, Brampton Library
- Monteith Brown - Anand Desai, Associate, Monteith Brown
- City of Brampton Multi-Partner Amenities & Culture Master Plan - Erin Hashani, Manager, Recreation Planning, Community Services
- Financial Implications - Nash Damer, City Treasurer, and Raghuram Kumar, Manager, Capital & Development Finance
- Q & A session - Steve Ganesh and Bill Boyes
4:00 p.m. Wrap-up and Adjournment
Light Breakfast and Lunch will be available for Members of Council and attending senior staff starting at 9:00 am and 12:30 pm.
Session or break times may vary depending on Council discussion.