Note: Referred from the Committee of Council Meeting of November 15, 2023, pursuant to Recommendation CW403-2023, along with the proposed motion outlined below.
Moved by Councillor Santos
That Council amend recommendation # 2 of the Recommendation Report - Brampton Parking Plan (RM 44 /2022) as follows:
That the Brampton Parking Plan be endorsed including, but not limited to the following elements:
1. Eliminating the free hour of parking beginning January 1, 2027, with the option to review and extend the date, if appropriate;
2. Increasing the parking rates to $2.50 per hour, $11.25 per day, and $100.00 per month, beginning January 1, 2027;
3. Increasing the parking rates to $3.00 per hour, $13.50 per day and $120.00 per month, beginning January 1, 2028;
4. Increasing the parking rates to $3.50 per hour, $15.00 per day and $140.00 per month, beginning January 1, 2029; and
5. That staff work with the DBBIA on the framework for a Downtown Parking Benefits District and report back to Council in Q1 2025, whereby a portion of revenues go toward public realm improvements including, but not limited to, active transportation and transit use.
See Item 12.4 – Summary of Recommendations – Committee of Council – November 15, 2023